SOC 262 Week 4 The Latino Hispanic Ethnic Group (2 Papers)
This Tutorial was purchased 17 times & rated
A by student like you.
This Tutorial contains following Attachments
- SOC 262 new Week 4 The Latino Hispanic Ethnic Group.zip
This Tutorial contains 2 Different Papers
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper, including the following:
The Latino/Hispanic group is the only ethnic category counted separately by the United States Census. According to the U.S. Census, a Latino/Hispanic person can be of any race. Describe the variability within the category of "Latino" group, as defined by the U.S. Census.
Include in the paper:
• When this census category became official (the first time it was used in the United States Census)
• At least five distinctive subgroups that belong under this broad category
• How people from Africa, both slaves and freemen, became part of the Latino population in the U.S.
• How color is viewed within the Hispanic/Latino group today (i.e. a Mexican who is Black)
• The role (and variability) of language in defining groups as "Latino"
• The role (and variability) of religion in defining groups as "Latino"
• The role (and variability) of culture within the category of "Latino"
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Submit your paper to the Assignment Files tab.